JEREMIAH J. CONLON
jeremiahconlon AT gmail DOT com
Game Development Tools – Unity 3D (Intermediate), UE4 (Beginner), New World Computing Game Design Suite (Heroes of Might & Magic III, IV), GameMaker.
3D Computer Programs – 3D Studio Max (3D Modding), World Machine, TDTK (Unity).
Software Experience – Photoshop, MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Professional Audio Production – Ableton Live, Sound Forge, Waves & UAD Plugin Suite.
Languages – C# (Beginner)
INTERACTIVE ENTERTAINMENT SKILLS•
GAME LEVEL DESIGN: Created turn-based game maps for the hit PC series Heroes of Might & Magic 4, while maintaining artistic aesthetics and strategic balance.
o Wrote and scripted stories for single scenario maps, play-tested maps, communicated design input, and organized digital art assets for use by all Heroes of Might & Magic 4 team members.
• GAME DESIGN & PRODUCTION: Independently developing a 3D tower defense game RED 3030, and also an isometric tactical strategy game JUSTICE!.
o Designed and produced RED 3030 into a four- map test phase, including managing production of 3 other video game professionals, on a minimal budget.
o Created scripted level flow and 3D level design, including: Level Pre-planning, Terrain Creation/editing, 3D modding, C# edits, Lighting, Vegetation placement, other asset placement, and overall aesthetic design.
• GAME PUBLISHING: Involved in a wide variety of projects at Activision, from concept design, to production, all the way through marketing and competitive analysis.
o Have been responsible for all facets of marketing creative process management including; boxes, sales/advertising, artwork schedules, and urgent requests.
o Developed standardized process flow for art asset creation and helped set goals for the Art Department. Maintained and coordinated Activision Value art assets for corporate and international offices.
• GAME WRITING: As a freelance game writer, wrote humorous, entertaining, and informative video game reviews and features. Wrote in-game stories for Heroes 4.
EVERLIVING GAMES, Minneapolis, MN 2014 – PRESENT
COTY BEAUTY, INC., Minneapolis, MN 2011 – PRESENT
KRAFT FOODS COMPANY, Eden Prairie, MN 2008 – 2011
DELPHI CORPORATION, Troy, MI 2005 – 2008
Sales Analyst, Consumer Electronics (Best Buy, Walmart, Target)
TOM’S HARDWARE GUIDE/GOT NEXT, Royal Oak, MI 2005 – 2007 Freelance Game Writer
BEST BUY COMPANY, Richfield, MN 2004 – 2005
NEW WORLD COMPUTING (3DO), Agoura Hills, CA 2000 – 2001
Level Designer I/Asset Management
ACTIVISION, INC., Eden Prairie, MN 1999 – 2000
PROFESSIONAL ADVANCEMENTS• Hired as a QA Tester at New World but promoted to Level “Design II” after 4 weeks.
• Promoted to “Level Design I” at New World after showcasing artful design and asset use.
• Held a diverse variety of posts at Activision before being promoted to Associate Producer, including: conceptual game design, business strategy, and licensing.
• Promoted to manage a three-person team which successfully developed art assets during the hectic consolidation of Expert Software and Headgames into Activision.
• Professional electronic music artist and producer, with releases on Juno Records (UK), and DJ support from the likes of KCRW (LA), Alan Braxe, and JFK (MSTRKRFT).
• Won Best Buy company-wide award with a #1 ranking for “In-Stocks & Turn” (Feb. 2005).
• Received Kraft Foods Manager award for contributions to the Target team (February, 2010).
MBA, University of St. Thomas & Metropolitan State University, Minneapolis, MN (2005).
• Nominated by faculty as an “Outstanding College of Management Graduate Student”
• Scored in top 3% of GMAT written test vs. the prior three years (2003).
BA Hamline University, St. Paul, MN (1999)
• Video Games & Music Business specializations.
• Introduction to Game Design
o Becker College, School of Interactive Media & Game Design (2014).
• Unity 3D, Private Tutoring.
• Introduction to C# Programming
o Minneapolis Community & Technical College (2014).
• International Game Developers Association (IGDA) Minneapolis Chapter, Active.
• Dale Carnegie Institute, Certificate in Leadership, (2012).